Whilst looking at this blog, I noticed this: Corners of my Home Nice idea! Though I'm jealous..everyone lives in nice clean houses...can't imagine rising damp in any of them!
................................................................................
I know all you Texans are going to laugh but today we made white gravy for the first time. We fried up some chicken steaks in garlic, mushrooms, celery and red onions and then made the gravy with the juices of the chicken and some butter, flour and water...poured over some boiled potatoes and green beans...mmmmm
Reminded me of what my Grandma in Texas used to make. Cornbread is next on my list..need a recipe though.
Also one for what you all call "biscuits". I think they are scones here but I don't remember them tasting exactly like scones?? Oh and a recipe for black eyed beans... though I can probably invent one.
...............................................................................
Maya started drama classes today. She has been wanting to do this for years and only recently got up the nerve to go. But when I went to pick her up, she had made some new friends and can't wait to go back. She is a born comedien and does great impersonations..but she is quite shy. It's a shame because we are the only ones to see all the talent. But she did say that at the drama class she was quite outgoing. She is more nervous when I'm there...
The only bad thing about today is that half way through the class they have lunch in the canteen and I didn't know this..so Maya was there with no food or money. So another girl lent her 60p and she got a chocolate bar for lunch :( and no drink. I felt so bad! But you live and learn..so next week we will be prepared!
.................................................................................
Forgot to mention, Marcos passed the written driving test..so that's part of it out the way, and one step closer to driving out of London! yayyyy He is booking the driving test next week..so may get to take it Feb/March? Don't know how long one has to wait.
..................................................................................
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)
1 comment:
oooooh yes please! What the heck..Texas?, Sheffield?..can't be that much difference :P LOL
awwww it's a shame we don't live closer..then Lily and Maya could go together! When we get a car..I really want to come your way and meet everyone!
Post a Comment