Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mother's Day

Today I had a really lovely day. Woke up, and Maya made me tea and Marcos brought me breakfast. Marcos had bought me an incredible bunch of flowers. Quela and Maya and Indatummy gave me lots of cards and presents. Maya had made a card too. I got the River Cottage Family Cookbook, and a book about Ebay, and another book (fiction)...which i can't remember the title of and it's in the bedroom.. so can't get it...but anyway..another book lol. I also got a hand carved wooden mirror and a little fold up shopping bag out of funky heart material. oooh and a battery charger and batteries. It was better than christmas! The girls then buried me in wrapping paper in my bed and Quela thought it was hilarious when she kept finding me under mounds of paper.
Later Marcos took Quela to visit his mum and I went out for some lunch with Maya and chilled all day. So it was really lovely. I love my kids xxxxxxxx


Yesterday we went to a city farm and found it had a farmers market too. Bought lots of good organic veg and fruit. The girls have eaten so much of it already though!
Quela loved the animals..and did all her animal impressions.
I noticed they were building a straw bale house and had built a cob oven too. Must go back and watch the progress. They had also built some other structure with a grass roof..

No comments: