I actually found the "benders" site on this site. (Thanks Diane V..if you read this blog...you are a great source of good links!)
There are some pretty amazing looking communities in the UK...I'm having fun looking through the database. I like the communities with 3 people who don't accept new members! I might make myself a community..I wonder if there are tax breaks in being a community? I don't quite get the low member count..maybe someone can explain?
Anyway..if you are at a loss for something to do.. I found it quite a worthwhile browse
As much as I love looking at communes, I have no desire to live in one. I would either become a dictator overnight which wouldn't be too cool for the other residents or I would be chucked out immediately. I think I'm quite diplomatic in general but not when it comes to my "space". I like to cook a certain way and am really fussy about certain things..eg handwashing! Not obsessively..well maybe..well just I hate it when people go to the loo and don't wash their hands..and if I see them start cooking, then I won't want to eat the food..so the communual meal would be wasted on me! And other little things like people chopping meat on chopping boards then not cleaning them properly. Would drive me mad! See! I'm not easy to live with....oh and not rinsing soap off the dishes...that one really annoys me. I don't worry about it at other people's houses or at restaurants really..just if it's my living space or where I am every day I like things to be done a certain way..and communual living doesn't really work like that. And then there is all the politics and bickering...I think after a week of it, I would want to "go home" !
ha! I just re-read this and I sound like a control freak..and yep I probably am in my own space..but I think most people are really...
Monday, March 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment