Kind of writing this as a memo to myself about Quela's progress. It is probably pretty boring stuff to anyone else. But anyway..
as I was saying Quela has suddenly changed overnight. She is now looking at books intently, and remembering how the stories go..I will turn a page and she says the words. Takes a while for me to work out what she is saying..but eventually I decipher it. I was in Ottakers book shop and she kept saying "Charlie Lola!" so I look up and there is the book "Charlie and Lola". She watches the cartoon on TV all the time. So I bought it, and took it home to read to her. I was reading it and she starts saying "no no no no"..I'm confused and carry on reading..and the next words Lola says are "Now , now now now"..Quela had remembered it from watching it on TV.
She also likes a book we have called "Peace at Last" and theres a line in it that says "'Oh NO' said Mr Bear. 'I can't stand this!'"..Quela's version is "Oh NO sa mischterrbaert icarntand THEEEES" She sings "The wheels on the bus" like this too. She has "all day longggggg" really clear..but the rest is hard to decipher.
So I'm going to write all the words she can say..because I reckon this will be the only list I'll make. I think soon there will be too many words to remember.
Quelas word list:
Mama, Dada, Maya, cat, hat, bye bye, oh no, up, down, more, yes, no, all gone,
apple, banana, shoes, night night, achoo, bless you, eyes, nose, mouth,
stop it(said to cat..poor cat), out (also said to cat),
and she makes good snoring, sheep, dog, cat, horse, mouse, monkey, chicken, duck, and bird, impressions. And when in a car, she shouts "wheeeeeeeeeee" lol
weirdly enough she still signs for drink and doesn't have a word for it yet. She makes a weird noise when she signs for it..thats from Maya singing that song about the turtle drinking the bathwater. Maya always makes this sound to accompany the song at that point..now Quela makes it when she wants a drink. Sounds like a volcano erupting!
/quelarama! :D
.gif)
2 comments:
fascinating stuff about quela's words and wordstrings and signs/actions to stand in for words...i've listened to tots in public places and if i concentrate hard enough i can make out familiar strings of words very early BUT THE PARENTS ARENT LISTENING GRRRRRRRRRRR . this also reminded me that around age one theo used signs/actions for some words.eg he never used the word "duck" , he made the noise CHWHWHWHWACK, very spitty. the local petrol station had a sign for the winged horse..we'd be going down the road on the bus and suddenly CHCHCHCWHWHWHWACKCKCKC. yeah, wings equals DUCK.
love, fiona
amazing how their brains work. I've noticed that Quela "woofs" at all sorts of breed of dog. I said to Maya yesterday.."how does she know that is a dog?" I mean a chihuahua and a old english sheep dog could be 2 different animals completely. But she "woofs" everytime..yet a cat comes along..and it's "meoooooow" But she quacks at seagulls!
Post a Comment