Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Did you see that timber?


Whilst browsing the recent news stories, I saw this with this picture of mucho wood on the shore in places like Worthing. Then at the bottom of the page they say:

All timber sighted must be reported to Solent Coastguard by telephoning: 02392 559021 or 02392 559022.

hmmm ...so if everyone in places like Worthing reported all timber sighted that would be alot of phonecalls! Are the Solent Coastguard running the local phone company or something? And then one wonders why they need our help in sighting this stuff? Have they got a log in their eye or something? I would think the pile of wood is pretty obvious! Or are they talking about solitary planks of wood floating on their lonesome in the Solent? Do they seriously expect people to call up and say "erm scuse me sir..I saw a plank floating past me at 3pm..it was heading towards Southampton"?

anyway..my musings aside..thats quite a bundle of wood they have there...they could build a new pier with that!

1 comment:

Gill said...

LOL!