Saturday, December 23, 2006
us city folk
I was reading a website where they were complaining about the city folk coming in and buying up property and it ousting out the locals..affordable property was becoming impossible to find. And I sympathise..but as a city dweller I find it a bit of a weird argument. You always find country folk moaning online that the city dwellers are buying up everything and ruining country life..like this is a purge on country folk. But from my perspective , I find the same thing. I'm in a city and these city dwellers are doing the same here. The *poor* city dwellers are being given schemes to move out of the city because they have been priced out of the market. Our communities are being ripped to shreds too. no affordable housing, no community, no prospects. All our council houses are being turned into posh flats. This isn't city versus country..this is money versus no money
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.gif)
1 comment:
that sounds right on the money, unfortunately. i hope you do make it out to the contry one day!
Post a Comment